To store all tests including manual and automated tests along with the results of tests after they were executed. Tracking defects, scheduling test sets for automated UFT tests to run unattended from the Test Lab, storing the test cases, and also storing the test requirements in the Requirements Module.
The Application Lifecycle Management Process with ALM includes the following phases
- Release Specifications: Develop a release-cycle management plan to help you manage application releases and cycles efficiently.
- Requirement Specifications: Define requirements to meet your business and testing needs.
- Test Planning: Based on the project requirements, you can build test plans and design tests.
- Test Execution: Create a subset of the tests in your project designed to achieve specific test goals. Execute scheduled tests to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Defect Tracking: Submit defects and track their progress and status.