Earn 20 points
HCL BigFix provides complete visibility and control into all endpoints through a single, collaborative endpoint management platform that enables IT/Security Operations to fully automate discovery, management and remediation of endpoints, whether they are on-prem or in the cloud, regardless of location or connectivity. BigFix bridges the gap between IT and Security Operations, drastically reducing remediation times and costs. With BigFix, enterprises can protect endpoints running Windows, UNIX, Linux, and macOS by achieving greater than 98% first-pass patch success rates and enabling continuous endpoint compliance. Unlike complex tools that cover a subset of endpoints and take days or weeks to remediate, BigFix can find and fix endpoints fast.
BladeLogic Server Automation allows you to quickly and securely provision, configure, patch, and maintain physical, virtual, and cloud servers.
· Threat remediation: Combine with BMC SecOps Response Service to link vulnerabilities to identified patches and create a remediation plan
· Compliance: Integrates role-based access control, pre-configured policies for CIS, DISA, HIPAA, PCI, SOX, NIST, and SCAP, documentation, and remediation
· Provisioning: Supports unattended installs and image-based, script-based, or template-based provisioning
· Configuration: Consistently manage change and configuration activities across a broad range of server environments with one tool
· Reporting: Assess change impact or complete an audit using multiple dashboard views
· Patching: Supports and follows maintenance window guidelines to ensure timely delivery of patches
BigFix is ranked 4th in Configuration Management with 12 reviews while BMC TrueSight Server Automation is ranked 15th in Configuration Management. BigFix is rated 8.6, while BMC TrueSight Server Automation is rated 0.0. The top reviewer of BigFix writes "Very stable and easy to deploy with excellent patch compliance". On the other hand, BigFix is most compared with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, Tanium, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services and Quest KACE Systems Management, whereas BMC TrueSight Server Automation is most compared with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Red Hat Satellite, HashiCorp Terraform and Chef.
See our list of best Configuration Management vendors.
We monitor all Configuration Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. We validate each review for authenticity via cross-reference with LinkedIn, and personal follow-up with the reviewer when necessary.